I thought that I would give everyone a view of our house. This view just happens to be from Google Earth, and most likely one of the old keyhole satellites. I could tell you about those, as I worked with them whilst in the Navy, but I'm under an 80 year non-disclosure agreement. So get back to me when I'm 120, and we'll talk.
So Belgium, more specifically Antwerp, has to be one of the most depressing places I've ever lived. Since my arrival on the 24th of October, I have seen the sun precisely twice; for about 20 minutes each time. After which the sky clouds over once again, and the gray dismal weather takes over once again. It is no wonder that the Belgians, and more specifically Dutch Belgians, are not knows for the senses of humor. Everyone here is on the verge of slitting their wrists!
Seriously though, it is rather difficult to adjust to not seeing the sun. Growing up in Colorado with its 355 days of sunshine a years, and the overpowering strength of the golden orb in Thailand; this is taking some serious getting used to. "All good things come to those who wait."
So Belgium, more specifically Antwerp, has to be one of the most depressing places I've ever lived. Since my arrival on the 24th of October, I have seen the sun precisely twice; for about 20 minutes each time. After which the sky clouds over once again, and the gray dismal weather takes over once again. It is no wonder that the Belgians, and more specifically Dutch Belgians, are not knows for the senses of humor. Everyone here is on the verge of slitting their wrists!
Seriously though, it is rather difficult to adjust to not seeing the sun. Growing up in Colorado with its 355 days of sunshine a years, and the overpowering strength of the golden orb in Thailand; this is taking some serious getting used to. "All good things come to those who wait."