Friday, December 26, 2008

Wandering around Antwerp

Jan and I, along with our friend Bernie, decided to do some wandering around Antwerp today. Along the way I saw some interesting things that I thought I would share.

It was a blistering cold day today, only reaching a high of 37ºF. That being said we still had fun wandering the streets of Antwerp. From the €4,600 Hermes bag to the €2 Belgian waffles, there was much to see, and dream about.

Click on the thumbnails for a larger image. Please leave us comments and let us know what you think.


This is the main entrance to the Antwerp Art Museum, or Koninklijk Museum voor Schone Kunsten Antwerpen.


The art installation in front of the museum; 'Deep Fountain' by Cristina Iglesias.


An impressive column with the sea god Neptune on top.


The entrance to the jail house.


A statue of a queen with her baby. I don't know who this is, as there was nothing writen on the column.


Not something one sees on the street everyday.


The local news agents guard kitty. He's on a break right now. Shhhh!


I don't know who this is by, although, to me, it is rather reminicient of 'Tin Tin'.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Custom Search