Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Teachers' Day

This week I experienced Teachers’ Day in Thailand, when students pay their respects to the teachers and express appreciation for their help and knowledge. Our school had a really cool ceremony where all the kids gathered in a big auditorium to give flowers to the management of the school and their teachers. The flower arrangements were really beautiful. Students went on the podium and knelt in front of the principal and other teachers and gave them flowers. It was amazing to see how much they respect them even from the very early age. It’s not like in States or Europe where the only appreciation for teachers is showing them middle finger. Even I received a lot of flowers from my home class and kindergarten, it was kind of moving. I also got some cards from my students saying: “I love you teacher”, “I wish u happy and health” and “I will a good girl.”


If you just click on the thumbnails you'll be able to see a larger image.



Jan















blog comments powered by Disqus
Custom Search